Title: "Gears of War"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Epic Games Inc.
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Emergence Day 2006
Product Overview:"Gears of War" is the first game developed by Epic Games exclusivelyfor Microsoft Game Studios and the Xbox 360 video game andentertainment system. "Gears of War" thrusts gamers into a deep andharrowing story of humankind's epic battle for survival against theLocust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from thebowels of the planet.
In this third-person tacticalaction/horror game, players live and breathe the role of Marcus Fenix.A disgraced former war hero, Marcus seeks personal redemption as heleads his fire team against an onslaught of merciless warrior fiends.Gamers immerse themselves in an experience so intensely emotional andgut-wrenching that playing will be like controlling a blockbusteraction movie.
"Gears of War" utilizes the breathtaking newUnreal Engine 3 to create cinematic, high-definition visuals for agaming experience that truly ushers in the next generation. Gamers willexperience beautifully rendered interactive environments and charactersso lifelike they appear to be made of flesh and bone. Thenext-generation visuals create a world in which the tiniest detail isvivid in the largest battle.
"Gears of War" unitesnext-generation technology with classic, emotional storytelling and arevolutionary tactical combat system, engrossing the gamer in ahorrifying epic story of war and survival.
Engaging and disturbing cinematic story.Massively scoped worlds, memorable characters and an epic story lineplay out like an intense and unsettling blockbuster action film.Dramatic in-game camera work and a compelling story bring the brutal,emotionally charged experience to life. Gamers control Marcus Fenix andhis fire team as they pit advanced human technology against theoverwhelming and horrific Locust Horde.Fire team co-op action. Allgame modes, levels and scenarios are designed for cooperative fire teamplay (AI or human). For the first time, AI teammates are indiscerniblefrom human players. They move intelligently, take orders effectively,and seek cover and defend themselves when necessary. Gamers willexperience richer cooperative gameplay than ever, through uniquecharacters that require cooperation to survive.Unprecedented visuals in next-generation gaming."Gears of War" ushers in the next generation with unprecedentedvisuals. The Unreal Engine 3 technology pushes high-definition visualdesigns and brings out the smallest details in the largest battle.Gamers will experience a rich dynamic world with an unprecedented levelof detail. Characters come to life with unbelievable model quality anda physics-integrated animation system that has them truly reactingintelligently to events as they unfold around them.Hyper-realistic and intense combat.In "Gears of War" the battlefield is a lethal place - to foolishlystand out in the open is to die. To survive, gamers can create and takecover using interactive and dynamic environments, suppress the enemywith blindfire, and use their weapons and teammates to outwit andoutfight their terrifying enemies.Next-generation Xbox Live action."Gears of War" will embody the next-generation Microsoft Xbox Liveexperience and extend it even further. Gamers will be able toexperience individualized matchmaking, view player statistics, earnplayer achievements, customize their games, and build and personalizetheir gamer profiles.
Developer Information:Epic Games Inc., based in Raleigh, N.C., and established in 1991, is adeveloper of cutting-edge computer and video games. The company is bestknown as the creator of hit PC 3-D action games "Unreal" and "UnrealTournament," both award-winning blockbuster hits having sold more than1 million units each. Epic is also well-known as creator of the UnrealEngine, which it has licensed to several major game developers. To dateover 10,000,000 games have been sold that utilized Epic's Unreal Enginetechnology, and the number is growing steadily each year. Before its3-D success, Epic Games was well-known for the hit shareware games"Jill of the Jungle," "Jazz Jackrabbit" and "Epic Pinball." Additionalinformation can be obtained through Epic's Web site at http://www.epicgames.com.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard