It has been some time here at the TweakTown labs since anything new from Intel crossed our paths. In the past, Intel's fast and furious rush to the highest GHz CPU has led us with quite a few processors cores on our test bed but now with the move on performance per watt, Intel has slowed down the rush of faster CPU's and focused more in what can be done to improve the current batch of Pentium 4 systems.
Dual Core is now the main stage for both Intel and AMD in the fight for PC performance. Core speeds have hit the wall in terms of gaining more relative performance, higher clocks simply don't offer as much to the end user. Adding two cores into a single package gives the ability to have a Symmetric Multi Processor setup without having to buy two separate CPU's.
Today we will be taking a look at the two latest Intel cores to hit the market in terms of Dual Core support: the already available Smithfield and the newest member to hit the market, the Presler. So come with us as we take a look at the Intel Pentium D 840, Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 840 and the Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 and see what each has to offer, along with Intel's latest motherboard based on the 975X chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Dual Core in Detail]
- Page 3 [The New Motherboard]
- Page 4 [The New Chipset]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gamestop to transform stores into retro arcades
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- Mars' past climate proves it had enough time to develop life
- NZXT H500i Mid-TowerChassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access