It has been some time here at the TweakTown labs since anything new from Intel crossed our paths. In the past, Intel's fast and furious rush to the highest GHz CPU has led us with quite a few processors cores on our test bed but now with the move on performance per watt, Intel has slowed down the rush of faster CPU's and focused more in what can be done to improve the current batch of Pentium 4 systems.
Dual Core is now the main stage for both Intel and AMD in the fight for PC performance. Core speeds have hit the wall in terms of gaining more relative performance, higher clocks simply don't offer as much to the end user. Adding two cores into a single package gives the ability to have a Symmetric Multi Processor setup without having to buy two separate CPU's.
Today we will be taking a look at the two latest Intel cores to hit the market in terms of Dual Core support: the already available Smithfield and the newest member to hit the market, the Presler. So come with us as we take a look at the Intel Pentium D 840, Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 840 and the Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 and see what each has to offer, along with Intel's latest motherboard based on the 975X chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Dual Core in Detail]
- Page 3 [The New Motherboard]
- Page 4 [The New Chipset]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit