It has been some time here at the TweakTown labs since anything new from Intel crossed our paths. In the past, Intel's fast and furious rush to the highest GHz CPU has led us with quite a few processors cores on our test bed but now with the move on performance per watt, Intel has slowed down the rush of faster CPU's and focused more in what can be done to improve the current batch of Pentium 4 systems.
Dual Core is now the main stage for both Intel and AMD in the fight for PC performance. Core speeds have hit the wall in terms of gaining more relative performance, higher clocks simply don't offer as much to the end user. Adding two cores into a single package gives the ability to have a Symmetric Multi Processor setup without having to buy two separate CPU's.
Today we will be taking a look at the two latest Intel cores to hit the market in terms of Dual Core support: the already available Smithfield and the newest member to hit the market, the Presler. So come with us as we take a look at the Intel Pentium D 840, Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 840 and the Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 955 and see what each has to offer, along with Intel's latest motherboard based on the 975X chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Dual Core in Detail]
- Page 3 [The New Motherboard]
- Page 4 [The New Chipset]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Google tease MAJOR gaming announcement for March 19th
- Overwatch's new Paris map is now live on all platforms
- Huawei to unveil its next-gen P30 smartphone on March 26
- Apex Legends second patch arrives, fixes stability, crashes
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure