Siggraph 2016 - Before the Siggraph 2016 kicks off, I sat down with David Watters, who is the Head of Industry Alliances for AMD, where we talked about all things professional graphics, rendering, and the huge impact that VR and AMD are having on the industry.
Autodesk has been moving swiftly with the rapid changes hitting the industry, which makes for a nice change as high-end design visualization application giants are not usually this fast in the fast-paced technology industry. Autodesk unveiled Stingray this time last year, their game engine. Game engines are being used more and more for real-time rendering of virtual environments, instead of having to pre-render the environments, which can take hours upon hours and sometimes, much longer.
But there's something new with Autodesk at Siggraph 2016, as the company is making it easier than ever to go through virtual environments thanks to using Stingray as a virtualization path. When it comes to architectural design, for example, game engines are much better equipped and far faster at rendering an environment as they can do it in real-time without the massive amount of GPU horsepower required for it normally required to render the environment - and that wasn't even in real-time.
Autodesk Revit - What Is It?
Autodesk's secret herbs and spices is called Revit, which the company explains on its website as "a single software application that supports a BIM workflow from concept to construction. Use Revit to model designs with precision, optimize performance, and collaborate more effectively".
Autodesk LIVE is a cloud-based service that allows the rendering to go from Revit to Stingray in just three mouse clicks, compared to hours upon hours of work that coders would've had to do years ago. Better yet, you don't need Stingray, nor do you have to know how to use it. Autodesk LIVE provides you with a real-time walkthrough window that is basically the Stingray engine, making it easier than ever before to render environments for architects and carmakers.
Before Autodesk LIVE, it could take up to a week to render a high-quality environment as there would need to be material translation and countless hours of work in between - with LIVE, there's an instant walkthrough of the virtual environment, versus a week of production.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Football fans protest eSports, throw controllers on field
- Intel increases 14nm production in its fight with AMD Ryzen
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam