Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
Samsung's SSD 840 EVO comes packaged in a small attractive box that has a picture of the drive on the front. The black box is textured and has white lettering.
The rear of the box lists some advantages you will experience when using an EVO in your system and lists the bundled software. The drives serial number and UPC are listed as well.
The EVO comes cradled in a protective plastic tray that we removed for our photo. Included is a printed installation guide and software CD.
The top and sides of the EVO's enclosure are formed from piece of cast, glass beaded aluminum painted dark gray. Beveled edges and rounded corners give it a nice touch.
The bottom of the drives enclosure is formed from a piece of stamped sheet aluminum painted dark gray. Centered on the rear face of the enclosure is a manufacturer's sticker that lists the drives part number, serial number and capacity. The bottom of the enclosure is secured by three pentalobe screws, two of which are hidden by the sticker.
Here's what the Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB SSD looks like completely disassembled. The EVO is all about minimalism. The PCB is much smaller than the enclosure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit