Just days before our scheduled trip to Flash Memory Summit, OCZ Technology's monthly newsletter hit our inbox. Featured in the newsletter was a section on running two OCZ Vertex 128GB drives in RAID 0. The caption, Get your RAID on with 128GB OCZ SSDs, caught my eye because, well... I'm always down to get my RAID on.
The timing couldn't be better, either. Last year at Flash Memory Summit, OCZ delivered our first Vector sample. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of OCZ's first in-house controller, we're getting our RAID on.
The premise isn't as complicated as some may think. Most Intel based motherboards already support RAID 0 from the factory. With just a couple of BIOS changes and an easy setup procedure, RAID 0 will nearly double your storage system performance, making applications load faster, and data transfers will take less time to complete.
OCZ released Vector one year ago in three capacity sizes - 128GB, 256GB and 512GB. Today we're focusing on the 128GB model since it has an amazing price point, now nearly 50% less than it was one year ago.
At just $79.99 from Newegg, OCZ's Vector 128GB manages to break through the $1 per GB barrier and the in-house architecture paired with 25nm flash, makes it one of the fastest SSDs on the market today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications]
- Page 2 [OCZ Technology Vector 128GB]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]