Goodbye 2250w, Hello 3600w
The humble power supply was what ultimately started the whole upgrade process. For a while now I've been running a 1500w Thermaltake power supply that has never missed a beat. The introduction of the P55 testbed meant I needed another PSU and I had a Corsair HX750 floating around. In the effort to organize a new PSU for my new AMD machine we ended up getting three brand new PSUs from the good folks at Corsair.
The AX1200 was the weapon of choice, and while probably overkill on two of the testbeds, it's the perfect choice for my main X58 video card testing testbed. And because uniformity was wanted, we ended up with three. These units have been getting the thumbs up from folks all over the world and I can see why. They're a beautiful all modular unit that gives us an absolute bucket load of power.
I can honestly say that a few years ago the last power supply I thought I would be recommended to people would carry the name Corsair, as you just didn't think it would be something the company would get into, but they've really nailed the target audience with these units. I kind of wish I needed some headphones as well so I could check out the new HS1s. Again, another product you wouldn't think Corsair would be looking at.
You can check out the unit over at the Corsair website here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Goodbye 2250w, Hello 3600w]
- Page 3 [esS esS Dee Goodness]
- Page 4 [Cases w00h00]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM