When the first Integrated Graphics Processors made their way into the market back when Intel Pentium III was around, the performance of these so called 3D graphics cards were extremely poor. Their overall usability was for Windows 2D only and any attempt of 3D would simply frustrate. Even Quake would run slow on them.
Since then graphics processors have come a long way. With ATI and NVIDIA, real graphics card producers, getting their hands into the chipset market, rather than leaving them to the likes of Intel and S3. Things have started to pick up since then, especally when it comes to ATI. One thing is for sure, they have managed to really put alot of work into their AMD chipsets; especially their IGP based ones.
AMD has really managed to raise the bar when it comes to IGPs. The 780G really showed us that power could be had with their Hybrid Crossfire design and while the IGP was restricted to UMA Only, its performance over the previous generation chipset, including any from NVIDIA, was going the way things should go. 790GX really showed us that ATI was listening. I don't know how many times i have said to put a small cache memory on the IGP to help it along, but SidePort memory is here and it really makes a difference.
785G may be a lower number than 790GX, but its performance is just as good, if not better. Its support for the same Crossfire arrangement in discrete GPU mode is excellent. Its continuation of SidePort memory is fantastic and its DX10.1 graphics additions are fantastic. If you're looking at 790GX or 785G, we recommend 785G hands down.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Contenders]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Astronauts will watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi From Space
- Starbucks 'Free' Wi-Fi mines Bitcoin while connected
- Former Facebook exec: Bitcoin will reach $1 million
- AMD Ryzen APU with Vega GPU leaked, but is already available
- Battlegrounds hits nearly 500,000 players on Xbox One so far
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series