The Z270GT6 shows off its hardware when the heat sinks come off.
The motherboard's VRM is in a 6+2 phase configuration for the CPU+iGPU. The main PWM, an Intersil ISL95866 offers 4+3 phase output, but only 3+2 are being used. The PWM has two integrated drivers for the first rail and one for the second, so BIOSTAR supplements those with ISL6625A drivers.
The MOSFETs are Sinopower SM4364 and SM4377 for the high-side and low-side MOSFETs. Doubling from three to six phases for the CPU is done by doubling the number of power stage components on each driver.
The memory VRM uses an Anpec APW7120 single-phase PWM controller with integrated driver, and the power stages are the same SM4377 we saw used in the CPU VRM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270GT6 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z270GT6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z270GT6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- Destiny 2 confirmed for PC release
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory