ASRock's UEFI consists of a single operating mode with every overclocking setting you need to achieve high overclocks on the Z170 platform. The OC Formula series is known for having special overclocking profiles from ASRock's in-house overclocker, Nick Shih. In fact, there are many profiles that are available for everything from SuperPI benching to Intel's XTU and 6.5GHz profiles for those who use liquid nitrogen.
Since the PWM is fully digital, there are many different VCore options which aren't present on some Z170 motherboards, including controls over the external VRM. There are more expansive DRAM options than on many other motherboards. Fan control is also present for each header using multiple SMART fan points, just like on other ASRock Z170 motherboards.
ASRock's Z170 software suite includes CFOS software used for control over the Intel NIC, it is the competitor to Killer's application.
ASRock's Formula Drive is there for in-OS tuning of fan and overclocking settings. The OC Formula series also has a Rapid OC configurator which works with the physical buttons on the PCB to change settings on-the-fly. ASRock's Live Update and App Shop provides updates of ASRock software. ASRock also have their Timing Configurator and CPU-Z skin.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Z170 OC Formula for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z170 OC Formula retails for £223 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Z170 OC Formula]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z170 OC Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z170 OC Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset