Test System Setup
Our Consumer NAS test 'system' is setup similar to what you have at home. Here we have the base of an ASUS Z97 USB 3.1, housing an Intel Core i7 4770 with 16GB of Patriot Viper DDR3 supporting. Our Operating System of choice is Windows 10 Pro x64, with all available updates and patches installed on a Crucial MX200 500GB SSD.
The platform used in the TS-431+ is QTS 4.1 which carries many of the same features we have seen in past NAS units from QNAP. In the system settings section, we have options for managing storage along with monitoring the hardware and upgrading firmware. Network services included ranged from SMB, NFS and AFP along with FTP, SSH and Qsync.
Station manager allows access to backup scheduling, iTunes server and media server options such as transcoding.
myQNAPcloud is one of the pinnacle feature on any QNAP appliance as this allows you to build your own personal cloud to access your data anywhere in the world.
Qsync is another staple with QTS allowing seamless backups that are automated across all platforms.
PRICING: You can find the QNAP TurboNAS TS-431+ for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The QNAP TurboNAS TS-431+ retails for $409 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The QNAP TurboNAS TS-431+ retails for £314 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [QNAP TS-431+ NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 has 21 million users, eSports mode coming
- Capcom misses sales targets for its major games
- Accept your Fate in our 'Fast & Furious' giveaway
- Battlegrounds creator doesn't consider himself a gamer
- EA: AR is 'more interesting', VR isn't ready just yet
- Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo Review
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers