Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging is a standard brown box with a label on the end. The label includes capacity information along with an image of the NAS. Package contents are listed down below next to NAS information and warranty.
Scope of delivery for the BeyondCloud Mirror gives us the NAS, power adapter, Ethernet cable, and reading materials.
The NAS itself comes with a white exterior that gives it a clean look. The right side houses all the LEDs for power and drive activity, towards the bottom we have the power button.
The back of the NAS houses a 92mm cooling fan with connectivity options down below. These options include a single gigabit Ethernet port and dual USB 2.0 ports.
Opening up the unit is rather simple. After removing two screws, you simply slide the left side away from the chassis.
Once inside, we have a large metal sled that houses both drives. The drives used in our unit were 3TB Seagate NAS drives.
Digging a little deeper into the unit, we were able to uncover the motherboard for this system. In the center, we have the Marvell Armada 370 with Samsung DDR3.
PRICING: You can find the Synology BC214se 2300 2Bay 6TB(2x3TB) BeyondCloud Mirror Network Attachment Storage Server for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Synology BeyondCloud Mirror]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now