NAS products are equal parts hardware performance and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
As with most NAS appliances, Thecus too has a software "finder" application. This allows quick setup of the NAS to get you off and running in no time.
The finder too is a new design from Thecus, above you can see the software quickly found our NAS and got us setup rather quickly.
The new Thecus OS 6 is still very much a work in progress as you can see above its largely a blank slate apart from the two icons that remain in the desktop area. Above, near the Thecus branding, you will find a small icon that will expand the menu seen in the picture. From within, you have the ability to manage the NAS through several applications.
RAID setup shares a familiar menu that was seen on previous Thecus OS versions. Here we have the options of RAID 0, 1 and JBOD.
If choosing a RAID 0 configuration, Thecus allows you to select the stripe size from 32K to 4096K.
Previous to this review, I have had a number of opportunities to review Thecus products. One of the standout features was the inclusion of the Zeta-byte file system. Here though, Thecus has gone with EXT4, as the standalone option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99