Benchmarks - Multi-Client Environment
The TweakTown Multi-Client Environment Test took over a year to design, program, build and validate. The processes started around a month before CES 2012. At that time we spent countless hours learning virtual environments, mainly VMWare and Hyper-V, the building blocks for the design. After we learned enough about hyper visors and had the confidence such a project was possible, we started pitching the idea to computer hardware manufactures. We would like to thank Antec, AVA Direct, Corsair, GIGABYTE, Kingston and QNAP for their assistance in making this test possible. Without the great people who work with us at these companies, tests like this wouldn't be possible.
This is the last time our multi client test will appear in such a limited format. The full run moves the environment from 48 clients to 60 clients (for smaller NAS units) and 120 clients (for enterprise-focused models). We're waiting on two more Intel Xeon processors to arrive, but they didn't arrive in time for this review. Once they arrive at our lab we can toss them in and expand the test format up to 120 clients.
The tests simulate an office environment with Microsoft Office software reading and writing to the NAS. The same workload is run on each client in the form of a trace. Every client has a dedicated gigabit Ethernet port and the NAS connects to the switch via two gigabit Ethernet ports. We're using an Extreme Networks 400-48t switch and the entire network is void of other traffic.
In a multiuser environment, the N7510 decimates the 869 Pro.
We contacted QNAP about their 802.3ad (teaming) performance and they are looking into the issue. This isn't the only model we've had issues with 802.3ad on though. On the other side of the coin, the Thecus N7510 does really well with 802.3ad running in our neutered version of the test.
The next test is latency in a multiuser environment. The Thecus N7510 does really well here as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog