Thecus ships the N5550 in a double box package. We removed the outer box since it was a bit dirty from shipping and didn't want to get clean the photo tent again. The inner box is just a brown box with a few informational stickers on it.
Even though the N5550 doesn't ship in a full color package you still get a bit of info from the stickers.
The NAS is secure in the boxes by dense foam that keeps at least two inches of form on each corner. Generally, when large packages are damaged it's from a drop on the corner. It would take quite a fall to damage the N5550 in the box.
The N5550 ships with a nice Quick Installation Guide, Warranty Card and three software disks. On the disks you'll find Acronis True Image, Twonky Media Server and an addition disk with full manuals.
The Thecus N5550 is a small office NAS that also happens to be perfect for our core audience for home use. Thecus only ships one Ethernet cable, but the NAS is capable of dual gigabit operation with the right switch. You also get screws for installing drives, keys for locking the sleds and a power cable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Thecus N5550 NAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines