iOS 6 was released a day ahead of the iPhone 5, and I updated my third-generation iPad up with the latest and greatest mobile operating system from Apple and took it for a spin. iOS 6 will work on the last few iOS-powered devices with full functions, and some previous-generation devices, with a few features cut away.
Apple's iOS has been here for years now, since the release of the first-generation iPhone, and has gone through various changes over the years. Slowly, Apple adds more and more features to the mobile OS, letting it grow and grow as the years go by.
Over the years, Apple's operating system influenced others to change their ways - and create something that looked great, but was functional. We've seen Android grow in some areas, surpassing iOS, where iOS would then bake in those functions and vice versa. Things like the notification bar have been added to iOS, which is something Android users have enjoyed for years - but works perfectly on the iOS, too.
Apple generally releases new iOS versions with a huge new product release, where the last mobile OS from Apple, iOS 5, debuted on the iPhone 4S last year. Since then, we've had smaller updates to the OS, and with the release of the latest and greatest iPhone 5, Apple have pushed iOS 6 out and into the dark, cold world.
The look of iOS has been the same from day-one pretty much, Apple have always had a winner with consumers when it comes to the user interface of iOS, and why change something that's not broken? Well, that's exactly what Apple have done - not really changed it at all. If you're used to your iPhone or iPad with iOS 5, you'll feel right at home with iOS 6.
There are a few new icons and features that pop-up here and there, but for the most of it, iOS 6 is still the same ol' iOS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand