AIDA64 Random Access Time
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.60
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
AIDA64 offers several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron and Toshiba.
Last week we looked at a drive with a lot more variation in the read access time test and we were starting to worry if the latest SandForce firmware was the cause. Luckily today we can say that it wasn't a firmware issue.
The Chronos Deluxe held the minimum .21ms read access time throughout the test other than a tiny blip on the graph. Access time is the area where you feel an improvement when coming from a mechanical drive, but it's often overshadowed by the large transfer rate numbers put on the board by SSDs.
The write latency held steady as well with an average of .22ms.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve: 'no special exemptions' for No Man's Sky refunds
- Creators talk 'Stranger Things' second season
- Save big on training for tech's hottest coding languages
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 with all DLC on sale for $15
- NVIDIA's Fallout 4 mod adds advanced lighting, shadows
- Computer crashes and freezes
- Who wants to try reviewing?
- Who wants to try reviewing?
- PNY CS1311 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Intel 7th Gen "Kaby Lake" Core Processor Overview
- LG Electronics announces the world's largest UltraWide gaming monitors
- Acer announces world's first curved screen notebook
- Samsung mass produces 14nm Exynos processor with full connectivity integration
- Samsung launches two new curved gaming monitors
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces ROG Masters