Our GPU selection was a little light at the time of this writing, as was our CPU availability. However, we were able to get you a few current and popular GPUs to show you how the numbers fall.
As you can see below, the performance numbers come in very interesting. We see NVIDIA on top for the most part, but that PhysX advantage is certainly gone in the combined scores. This is something that we know Futuremark has been working on since NV bought Ageia as it put them in a very odd position.
We talked very briefly with them about the new test and they said that they knew they had the right balance with this one when both NVIDIA and AMD were not happy with them. We can see some of that below.
Once again, because of the pre-release nature of our testing we do not have detailed scores. We will be revisiting this test after today and comparing the detailed scores for you along with more platforms and CPUs very shortly.
Now, for the thing that keeps some people up all night; the scoring methodology. Back when 3DMark Vantage came out and I published the scoring calculations, I received many e-mails telling me that the calculations were wrong, or unbalanced, or this or that.
It was as entertaining as it was annoying. First, I did not come up with these, nor did I compare and analyse the way the formulas are built. I am presenting them again for you to get a "feel" for how the system totals up that final score and once we can publish ours to the net, we will see how they stack up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS reveals new 34-inch curved 3440 x 1440 Designo ultrawide monitor
- Samsung PM971-NVMe shrinks the SSD in more ways than one
- New GIGABYTE BRIX mini-PC rocks a GTX 950 for quad-display FHD gaming
- GIGABYTE's new AIO features full-sized GPU slot
- Phanteks launches first-ever water block with Glacier G1080
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream