The release of the P55 has brought with it the release of new low voltage dual channel kits. This isn't anything new, though. It's something we've mentioned in every dual channel kit review since the launch of the P55 chipset.
What's important about this is that it's easier to get two modules to work together at a higher speed than it is to get three. For this reason we're seeing dual channel kits of memory offer us some serious speed and very quickly after the release of the P55 chipset. Since PC3-16000 is being offered by most performance memory manufacturers, it's time for companies to begin to mix it up even more.
Today we'll be looking at a PC3-17600 kit from G.Skill. How many MHz is that? Well, we're not going to give that away just yet. Before we look at the MHz of the kit we'll have a quick look at the package and also a closer look at the modules and any extras on offer. Then we'll see if we can get to PC3-17600 speeds without any real dramas before seeing just what kind of bandwidth a kit of this speed offers us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset