Core i7 has now established itself as the high end processor to aspire to, while AMD has little to challenge it with so far. This means that boards and memory kits will be coming out to suit this new processing monster.
So far we have looked at a few DDR3 triple channel kits designed to take full advantage of the extreme speeds that Core i7 is able to produce, but one thing Intel has made very tricky with Core i7 is its memory voltage requirements.
The Core i7 QPI and memory controller uses a single voltage system that cannot exceed 1.65v, otherwise permanent damage to the QPI and memory controller is possible, which renders the CPU completely useless. For this reason, it provides new challenges to memory companies to get the best speed out of their modules while keeping the voltage as low as possible.
Today CSX claims to have made it possible to run this memory at 2000MHz on the Core i7 with only 1.65v fed to them. Let's see what they have in store for us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA provides MIT with humanoid robot, will help out space missions
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Fuel cell maker teases 7-day battery life on smartphones inevitable
- Uber drops its 5% fee in London, to get taxi drivers using Uber
- Micron updates GDDR5X progression, volume production this summer
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance