Core i7 has now established itself as the high end processor to aspire to, while AMD has little to challenge it with so far. This means that boards and memory kits will be coming out to suit this new processing monster.
So far we have looked at a few DDR3 triple channel kits designed to take full advantage of the extreme speeds that Core i7 is able to produce, but one thing Intel has made very tricky with Core i7 is its memory voltage requirements.
The Core i7 QPI and memory controller uses a single voltage system that cannot exceed 1.65v, otherwise permanent damage to the QPI and memory controller is possible, which renders the CPU completely useless. For this reason, it provides new challenges to memory companies to get the best speed out of their modules while keeping the voltage as low as possible.
Today CSX claims to have made it possible to run this memory at 2000MHz on the Core i7 with only 1.65v fed to them. Let's see what they have in store for us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPU combo with Corsair AIO cooler on Amazon
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood