Core i7 has now established itself as the high end processor to aspire to, while AMD has little to challenge it with so far. This means that boards and memory kits will be coming out to suit this new processing monster.
So far we have looked at a few DDR3 triple channel kits designed to take full advantage of the extreme speeds that Core i7 is able to produce, but one thing Intel has made very tricky with Core i7 is its memory voltage requirements.
The Core i7 QPI and memory controller uses a single voltage system that cannot exceed 1.65v, otherwise permanent damage to the QPI and memory controller is possible, which renders the CPU completely useless. For this reason, it provides new challenges to memory companies to get the best speed out of their modules while keeping the voltage as low as possible.
Today CSX claims to have made it possible to run this memory at 2000MHz on the Core i7 with only 1.65v fed to them. Let's see what they have in store for us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 14 patch 3.2 begins the Gears of Change
- Google's 'right to be forgotten' initiative extended to every domain
- Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal brings a sword to a gun fight, and more
- For Honor not meant for the mass market, more of a 'core' game
- Stay Connected to Netflix, Hulu & More Anywhere in the World
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives