Results and Final Thoughts
I played around with TRIXX for a few days testing it out on Unigine's Heaven benchmark, Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 3. I was able to achieve a nice and relatively pain-free overclock on my Radeon HD 7950.
At stock, the Radeon HD 7950 is 900/1250. I was able to crank it to 1015/1563 and be stable while looping Heaven. This is an incredible result, as it gives me a huge increase in memory bandwidth from the stock 240GB/sec to 300GB/sec. All of this is from stock volts and stock TDP.
Cranking up the Board Power Li to +20 and VDDC to the 1300-mark, I was getting some incredible overclocking results out of the Sapphire HD 7950 OC Edition. From its stock 900/1250, I was cranking 1015/1750 stable under Heaven loops. This is a huge overclock on the RAM, and over 10% on the core.
Game stability was a different question, Far Cry 3 was only stable up to around 990/1450MHz, where Battlefield 3 didn't mind 985/1557MHz. Cranking up to 1GHz on the core playing Battlefield 3 was stable for around four minutes, but it crashed to the desktop.
All in all, Sapphire's TRIXX Tweak Utility is a great option for you to use - and something I definitely recommend.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and First Look]
- Page 2 [What Can It Do? How to use Sapphire's TRIXX Tweak Utility]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD