Results and Final Thoughts
I played around with TRIXX for a few days testing it out on Unigine's Heaven benchmark, Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 3. I was able to achieve a nice and relatively pain-free overclock on my Radeon HD 7950.
At stock, the Radeon HD 7950 is 900/1250. I was able to crank it to 1015/1563 and be stable while looping Heaven. This is an incredible result, as it gives me a huge increase in memory bandwidth from the stock 240GB/sec to 300GB/sec. All of this is from stock volts and stock TDP.
Cranking up the Board Power Li to +20 and VDDC to the 1300-mark, I was getting some incredible overclocking results out of the Sapphire HD 7950 OC Edition. From its stock 900/1250, I was cranking 1015/1750 stable under Heaven loops. This is a huge overclock on the RAM, and over 10% on the core.
Game stability was a different question, Far Cry 3 was only stable up to around 990/1450MHz, where Battlefield 3 didn't mind 985/1557MHz. Cranking up to 1GHz on the core playing Battlefield 3 was stable for around four minutes, but it crashed to the desktop.
All in all, Sapphire's TRIXX Tweak Utility is a great option for you to use - and something I definitely recommend.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and First Look]
- Page 2 [What Can It Do? How to use Sapphire's TRIXX Tweak Utility]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- ASUS ZenFone 4 to be premium device with Snapdragon 835
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4