Results and Final Thoughts
I played around with TRIXX for a few days testing it out on Unigine's Heaven benchmark, Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 3. I was able to achieve a nice and relatively pain-free overclock on my Radeon HD 7950.
At stock, the Radeon HD 7950 is 900/1250. I was able to crank it to 1015/1563 and be stable while looping Heaven. This is an incredible result, as it gives me a huge increase in memory bandwidth from the stock 240GB/sec to 300GB/sec. All of this is from stock volts and stock TDP.
Cranking up the Board Power Li to +20 and VDDC to the 1300-mark, I was getting some incredible overclocking results out of the Sapphire HD 7950 OC Edition. From its stock 900/1250, I was cranking 1015/1750 stable under Heaven loops. This is a huge overclock on the RAM, and over 10% on the core.
Game stability was a different question, Far Cry 3 was only stable up to around 990/1450MHz, where Battlefield 3 didn't mind 985/1557MHz. Cranking up to 1GHz on the core playing Battlefield 3 was stable for around four minutes, but it crashed to the desktop.
All in all, Sapphire's TRIXX Tweak Utility is a great option for you to use - and something I definitely recommend.
- Page 1 [Introduction and First Look]
- Page 2 [What Can It Do? How to use Sapphire's TRIXX Tweak Utility]
Right of Reply
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software content at our Software reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Dropping phablet prices putting pressure on smaller-sized smartphones
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- RIP 'Star Trek' legend Leonard Nimoy
- Cyberattacks top threat to United States, intelligence agencies say
- Intel ME (Management Engine Components). Is it important?
- ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer AM3+ Ultra Fast Boot Not Working?
- Setting up RAID 1 on FM2A88M Pro3+
- GIGABYTE X99-Gaming 5 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK PCI-E Slot Confusion
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse