When LSI acquired SandForce they already had an existing area inside the company creating flash based products with existing SandForce technologies. The division was called the Accelerated Solutions Division. SandForce had already played a role in this new area contributing technology, expertise and silicon to WarpDrive, a bootable, low cost solution for easily increasing database server performance while lowering transaction times. The market and LSI liked what they saw in WarpDrive, the product was a success.
It didn't take LSI long to calculate the benefits of having a leading flash processor unit design team in house and so LSI, with the resources of being a top enterprise technology provider, acquired SandForce and grew the Accelerated Solutions Division. The Accelerated Solutions Division is wasting no time putting their combined resources to good use.
With the tag line "The Smarter Way to Faster", Nytro is the name of a new series of products designed to increase database and server transaction time. The idea of using high-speed flash memory to increase performance is nothing new to LSI.
CacheCade and CacheCade Pro made use of low cost flash products (SSDs) to accelerate performance of enterprise storage arrays. Later, WarpDrive was introduced and with it LSI's first all flash drive designed as a bootable, flash based array of low cost, redundant drives in a half height package.
Today LSI is introducing the next evolution of products - Nytro WarpDrive, Nytro XD and Nytro MegaRAID which will all be discussed in today article.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [LSI Nytro Architecture Overview]
- Page 3 [Dividing the Pie, or in this Case the Triangle]
- Page 4 [Nytro WarpDrive]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio