ASUS was strong out of the gate with Wi-Fi 6 solutions, in fact, it was one of two vendors, the second being Netgear, to release a full product lineup around the beginning of the year. Several other vendors have products on paper including TPLink and now that Computex has come and gone we expect 2H 2019 to ramp up as 802.11ax takes over where 802.11ac has left off.
ASUS has always been one of the first adopters of technology; the same was true with 802.11n and ac. That said the AX92U is a different beast as it is the first mesh Wi-Fi 6 platform we will look at. On the hardware side, the AX92U is a tri-band 802.11ax solution; it falls in the AX6000 class. This means we have 300Mbps for the 2.4GHz band, 866Mbps for the first 5GHz band and the second 5GHz band offers 4800MBps.
As with all ASUS launch solutions, this is a Broadcom platform using the BCM4352 operating at 1.8GHz over two cores. This is paired with 512MB of memory and 256 MB of flash. As for radios, we have the BCM4352 providing both 2.4 and 5GHz capabilities while a secondary BCM43684 offers 4x4 Wi-Fi 6. The switch used in this solution is the BCM4906, gigabit single WAN four LAN.
MSRP of the ASUS AX92U Mesh comes in at $399.99 with a three-year warranty.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you cheat in Overwatch, Blizzard will shut down your game
- NASA would have landed on Mars if it wasn't for politics
- Respawn matches Apex Legends cheaters with OTHER cheaters
- No, there won't be a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti SUPER graphics card
- AMD beating Intel in CPU market share in Japan, South Korea
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- HyperX Announces First Wireless Headset Under $100
- Asphalt 9: Legends starts the second lap of the ESL Mobile Open presented by AT&T
- Best Summer Job Ever? You Can Now Get Paid To Be A 'Gamesologist'
- Must Dash Amigos | Xbox Launch Delayed PC Date Announced
- Math Facts Mahjong - Educational game for learning math facts