DOOM & PUBG
We have played many a game, for many hours on this keyboard before getting to this review as we wanted to give the new switches a fair shakedown. What we liked initially is that we prefer stiffer switches in our keyboards, and the pink silent switches do just that. When moving around, we were not strafing by accident as our heavy hands lie on the keyboard.
Every key we press, no matter how frantic we are, is recorded and sent to the PC, and no matter the combination of keys or fast-paced jiggling to keep from being shot in the head, it all works as intended. While the titles of this section of the review do not bode well for Macros and remapping as much as others do, so we took some time with MOBA and MMORPG titles to test out spamming commands and other types of Macros.
We found that no matter what we wanted of the Strafe RGB MK.2 when it came to customizing it to make the game experience more immersive, it handled every request we threw at it.
Windows and Productivity
In the time we have had the Strafe RGB MK.2, we have also written a few reviews to get the feel of it as a typist's solution. Here, the only issue we have is our fat fingers. Our WPM did not go down, and aside from the tactile bump and loud click of our preferred blue switches, it took no time at all to get right into the mix with the pink silent switches from Corsair. Typically when looking at the Cherry MX Red or Speed switches, when it comes to writing long term, they just aren't suited well for that.
However, the Cherry MX Silent switches we have now have added another option to those who aren't only gamers. Just as the iCUE software ups the level of possibilities for gaming, the same can be said for using Macros and such to make your day at work go by faster, and with less effort. While the Strafe RGB MK.2 is geared to the gamer, this is a product you could take to the office just as easily, and not annoy anyone near you either.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Strafe RGB MK.2 Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5