Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Our first look at the miniSTREAK is from the left side of the keyboard. We can see the exposed switches, mounted to the aluminum top plate which has been curved to meet the plastic lower section. The lower section is also curved, but in the thin flat part of the frame, Fnatic paints the word STREAK on it.
With the entire keyboard in view, we see that some of the keys have dual-functions, the aluminum plate is painted a shade of blue, and that in this design, and the number pad is missing. The font used is easy to read, and the command keys have full descriptions rather than abbreviations.
F1 through F4 keys are used to select the profiles on-the-fly. Both on the keyboard and in software we top out with four profiles, so no matter how it is programmed when it comes to swapping them, this is all you need.
F5 will switch between eight predefined lighting modes, and F6 will change through six levels of LED intensity, and can also turn them off. F7 will reduce the volume for you, and pressing F8 will increase it.
Using the Function key and F9 will open all of the programs and windows at once across the desktop to switch between tasks much more accessible. We then move back into more multimedia functions where the F10 moves to the previous track, F11 is the play/pause button, and F12 will select the next track.
Above some of the command keys at the right, we see three more buttons. There is one to mute the microphone, the one with the Fnatic logo to put the keyboard into Competition mode, and the last of them mutes the volume. As for the lock LEDs, there are above the arrows and have one white LED for the Caps lock, and another for the scroll lock.
The right end of the miniSTREAK is identical to what we saw on the left. More exposed switches at this end, the STREAK name painted in white, but this time we have extended the feet to show the increased ergonomic angle that the keycaps are at now.
Under the keyboard, we see that Fnatic uses two stout rubber pads at the back, and long thin feet at the front to secure the keyboard on the desk. In the center, there is a product sticker, where just behind it is the connectivity point with a wire management trail offered to keep the cable in place without stress on the connection.
Since the cable uses USB 2.0 to USB Type-C, it only makes sense to see the USB Type-C connection in the large round indention. The large indent helps to get your fingers in there to install and remove the cable without much hassle.
Something we feel all keyboard manufacturers should do in this day and age has been done to the miniSTREAK. We love when the adjustable feet, at the back, flip out to the sides. Having things this way means that the grip offered from the rubberized ends of the feet will not collapse the feet when adjusting the keyboard across the desk.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the miniSTREAK]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- Smash Bros. Ultimate director discusses 3rd-party characters
- Smash Bros. UItimate is fastest-selling Switch game so far
- How To use Cerisea Medica Pain Relief ?
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- Digital Extremes' Warframe Brings Good Karma And Fortuna To PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Today
- Capcom Announces Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Expansion For Acclaimed, Record-Breaking Action RPG Coming Autumn 2019
- White Box Vendors Losing Share in 100 GE Data Center Switching Market During 2018, According to Dell'Oro Group
- LSAC Announces Technology Collaboration with Microsoft
- Mac Malware Appears on the WatchGuard 'Top Ten Malware List' for First Time