Affordable: You don't find many X470 motherboards at this price point, but here we find an X470 motherboard at $120. It's mini-ITX too, which is a rarity these days. Biostar does implement a lot of chipset features as well, such as USB 3.1.
Aesthetics: Biostar includes dual RGB LED strip headers; both of them are 5050 headers. However, we really are a fan of Biostar's RGB LED panel on the VRM heat sink, as it really changes the color of the heat sink and doesn't look like cheap RGB LEDs typically do.
Designed with Vega Support: It looks like Biostar has designed this motherboard primarily for AMD's APUs with Vega graphics, as most of the rear IO panel consists of video outputs and the VRM is split 4+3 phases, so the iGPU gets enough power.
Memory Support: The motherboard supports up to 3200Mhz and we were able to get up to 3466MHz, but we did have some issues with some other kits getting above 3200MHz.
The Biostar X470GTN is basically their X370GTN with the new X470 chipset that supports newer CPU features and improvements you wouldn't really be able to see at the surface. Most motherboard vendors refer to the X470 chipset as improving on some internal chipset issues that the X370 chipset faced, so that's one good reason to choose this motherboard over the X370GTN.
There aren't a whole lot of X470 motherboard, and while you might need to get used to the UEFI, if you know what you are doing you will really like this tiny little motherboard. If you are in the market for an X470 motherboard in the mini-ITX form factor, give the X470GTN a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: Biostar's X470GTN implements major chipset features such as M.2 and USB 3.1 and fully supports AMD's integrated graphics, so if either are of importance to you give the X470GTN a look.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X470GTN Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [Biostar X470GTN Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Biostar X470GTN Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Joker director hints at sequel 'I would do anything with Joaquin'
- GameStop lays off 120 staff members, 14% off total staff eliminated
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord sticks a landing on Steam, March 2020
- The One Punch Man game forces players to stall until Saitama arrives
- World's first real-world quantum network built with brand new protocol
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Yubico Launches the World's First Lightning-Compatible Security Key, the YubiKey 5Ci
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back Pre-Orders Now Open on Steam
- Lionsgate and Bloober Team Release New Blair Witch 'Insanity' Story Trailer
- PINBRAWLER CREATURE IN THE WELL PRE-ORDERS NOW LIVE GAME LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 6
- NEW DATING SIM GAME ANNOUNCED: NOW WITH 100% MORE DOGS You'll want to get your paws on this one On Valentine's Day, 2020