Excellent Combonation: Combining the GTX 1060 with the 7700HQ and the 1080P 120Hz display has resulted in a perfectly balanced gaming notebook. While we aren't a big fan of large notebooks, when it comes to the Razer Blade Pro we are impressed by its thin chassis, and that is made possible by the use of a GTX 1060 GPU rather than a 1070 or 1080.
Construction: We don't typically comment on the construction of notebooks, but in this case, we thought it was worth mentioning. The notebook's body, balance, and weight are almost perfect for a 17" notebook, and everything is sturdy.
Touchpad Placement: With the touchpad to the right of the keyboard rather than below it, we thought it was easier to use, and we didn't even need to use a mouse with the notebook to speed things up. It's almost as if you could try gaming with the touchpad instead of a dedicated mouse.
Battery Life: We found that the battery life of this notebook was a bit lacking, but the good news is that you aren't lugging around a really heavy notebook.
The Blade Pro is well designed, well built, and performs admirably at 1080P. However, it will cost you a pretty penny and put a dent in your bank account. The good news is that a notebook of this caliber is going to a last a long time before something like a hinges blows out on you.
We liked the attention to detail paid to the Blade Pro, including enhancing cooling capabilities, proper placement of heat pads on storage devices, and the use of both Killer wired and wireless networking. We couldn't find too many faults with the unit, but the battery life wasn't our favorite. If you are in the market for an excellent 17" gaming notebook, give the Razer Blade Pro a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: Quality, performance, and looks are the most describing adjectives of the Razer Blade Pro, but it's also quite pricey.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Razer Blade Pro (Kaby Lake) Laptop retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Razer Blade Pro (Kaby Lake) Laptop retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games