Excellent Combonation: Combining the GTX 1060 with the 7700HQ and the 1080P 120Hz display has resulted in a perfectly balanced gaming notebook. While we aren't a big fan of large notebooks, when it comes to the Razer Blade Pro we are impressed by its thin chassis, and that is made possible by the use of a GTX 1060 GPU rather than a 1070 or 1080.
Construction: We don't typically comment on the construction of notebooks, but in this case, we thought it was worth mentioning. The notebook's body, balance, and weight are almost perfect for a 17" notebook, and everything is sturdy.
Touchpad Placement: With the touchpad to the right of the keyboard rather than below it, we thought it was easier to use, and we didn't even need to use a mouse with the notebook to speed things up. It's almost as if you could try gaming with the touchpad instead of a dedicated mouse.
Battery Life: We found that the battery life of this notebook was a bit lacking, but the good news is that you aren't lugging around a really heavy notebook.
The Blade Pro is well designed, well built, and performs admirably at 1080P. However, it will cost you a pretty penny and put a dent in your bank account. The good news is that a notebook of this caliber is going to a last a long time before something like a hinges blows out on you.
We liked the attention to detail paid to the Blade Pro, including enhancing cooling capabilities, proper placement of heat pads on storage devices, and the use of both Killer wired and wireless networking. We couldn't find too many faults with the unit, but the battery life wasn't our favorite. If you are in the market for an excellent 17" gaming notebook, give the Razer Blade Pro a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: Quality, performance, and looks are the most describing adjectives of the Razer Blade Pro, but it's also quite pricey.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Razer Blade Pro (Kaby Lake) Laptop retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Razer Blade Pro (Kaby Lake) Laptop retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- G-Technology GDrive Pro SSD 3.84TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire