The i7-8086K was launched for the 40th Anniversary of the 8086 processor from Intel. It's a beefed up Coffee Lake CPU, and it's designed to fulfill the legacy of its predecessor. It's such a big deal that Intel gave away 8086 units out of a supposed 50K (Intel didn't confirm this number) for free around the world. Intel sent an ES sample our way for testing, and today we will go over the CPU and how it performs against the 8700K and other CPUs.
If we compare the i7-8086Kto the 8700K, they are very similar, but the 8086K has a higher Max turbo of up to 5GHz, which is pretty high. Like the 8700K and 8700 the CPU has an all-core Turbo of 4.3GHz, so if you use all cores at the same time, you shouldn't expect any different results. The CPU has a 95W TDP, 12MB of SmartCache, and a base frequency of 4GHz. It supports up to 64GB of memory and is rated up to 2666MHz for official memory support.
The CPU doesn't come with a cooler, so you will need to purchase one that can support up to or preferably over 95W. The CPU also has UHD 630 graphics.
The Core i7-8086K is priced at $424.99.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Intel Core i7-8086K Coffee Lake retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Switch, motion control support
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Asrock A97x Killer and Evga 980TI help
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases