Setup starts off the same as any router platform, with a wizard to guide you through.
The first step has the router checking your internet bandwidth, mine is shown above.
We then go through setup of the administrator account.
This gets us to the dashboard seen above. At first this interface is overwhelming but as you look things over it gives you an amazing amount of insight on network traffic in the large graph at the bottom and how the router is handling it with CPU usage to the right. We have wireless networks listed in the top two boxes on the top right and guest networks in the top center.
Geo-Filter allows you to select devices that you want to limit in terms of connectivity to game hosts. As you can see I have all three of my main gaming platforms at the top and the bottom I have a range of 1500 miles selected to get the best ping times.
QoS includes both the ability to set bandwidth per device as seen at the bottom and enable anti-buffer bloat which will prevent anyone device from taking the full throughput of your broadband connection.
The network map gives you a layout of your home network by connection.
Next, we have snapshot and overview which gives two graphs on bandwidth utilization by device.
System information breaks the screen into more graphs showing more in-depth CPU, RAM and Flash usage along with network status top to bottom.
Wireless settings include the ability to change SSID, channels and passwords.
Traffic monitor keeps track and notifies you if you get close to your data cap.
USB Storage gives access to the staple, ReadyShare Storage and Vault along with a DLNA compatible media server.
Advanced wireless is more fine tuning for those interested. You can disable wireless radios here or turn your 5GHZ band HT160 feature on or off.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Gaming Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Gaming Router retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit