Setup starts off the same as any router platform, with a wizard to guide you through.
The first step has the router checking your internet bandwidth, mine is shown above.
We then go through setup of the administrator account.
This gets us to the dashboard seen above. At first this interface is overwhelming but as you look things over it gives you an amazing amount of insight on network traffic in the large graph at the bottom and how the router is handling it with CPU usage to the right. We have wireless networks listed in the top two boxes on the top right and guest networks in the top center.
Geo-Filter allows you to select devices that you want to limit in terms of connectivity to game hosts. As you can see I have all three of my main gaming platforms at the top and the bottom I have a range of 1500 miles selected to get the best ping times.
QoS includes both the ability to set bandwidth per device as seen at the bottom and enable anti-buffer bloat which will prevent anyone device from taking the full throughput of your broadband connection.
The network map gives you a layout of your home network by connection.
Next, we have snapshot and overview which gives two graphs on bandwidth utilization by device.
System information breaks the screen into more graphs showing more in-depth CPU, RAM and Flash usage along with network status top to bottom.
Wireless settings include the ability to change SSID, channels and passwords.
Traffic monitor keeps track and notifies you if you get close to your data cap.
USB Storage gives access to the staple, ReadyShare Storage and Vault along with a DLNA compatible media server.
Advanced wireless is more fine tuning for those interested. You can disable wireless radios here or turn your 5GHZ band HT160 feature on or off.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Gaming Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Gaming Router retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Hades' will soon make its way to Steam after Epic Store exclusivity
- DRAGON BALL Z: Kakarot Gamescom 2019 'Cell Saga' gameplay demo reveal
- Portland Public Schools almost got BEC scammed a HUGE $2.9 million
- Shoebox-sized probe snaps insightful images near-Earth asteroid Ryugu
- Some exoplanets could be better suited to harbor life than Earth
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LIAN LI Launches Brand New TU150
- The First XR-DIMM DRAM Module with RTCA DO-160G Certification From the Leading Supplier of Industrial-grade Memory
- Trintech Achieves Record-Breaking New Customer Adoption and Expansion in H1
- TUNAI CREATIVE's Kickstarter-backed aptX Low Latency Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Now Available on Amazon
- Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Eight Princes DLC out now on macOS and Linux