Setup starts off the same as any router platform, with a wizard to guide you through.
The first step has the router checking your internet bandwidth, mine is shown above.
We then go through setup of the administrator account.
This gets us to the dashboard seen above. At first this interface is overwhelming but as you look things over it gives you an amazing amount of insight on network traffic in the large graph at the bottom and how the router is handling it with CPU usage to the right. We have wireless networks listed in the top two boxes on the top right and guest networks in the top center.
Geo-Filter allows you to select devices that you want to limit in terms of connectivity to game hosts. As you can see I have all three of my main gaming platforms at the top and the bottom I have a range of 1500 miles selected to get the best ping times.
QoS includes both the ability to set bandwidth per device as seen at the bottom and enable anti-buffer bloat which will prevent anyone device from taking the full throughput of your broadband connection.
The network map gives you a layout of your home network by connection.
Next, we have snapshot and overview which gives two graphs on bandwidth utilization by device.
System information breaks the screen into more graphs showing more in-depth CPU, RAM and Flash usage along with network status top to bottom.
Wireless settings include the ability to change SSID, channels and passwords.
Traffic monitor keeps track and notifies you if you get close to your data cap.
USB Storage gives access to the staple, ReadyShare Storage and Vault along with a DLNA compatible media server.
Advanced wireless is more fine tuning for those interested. You can disable wireless radios here or turn your 5GHZ band HT160 feature on or off.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Gaming Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Gaming Router retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions