Version and / or Patch Used: 3.05
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products. When evaluating ATTO performance we focus on the drive's performance curve.
As we typically see, our Intel platform delivers far better small-file performance than our Ryzen platform. In the unlikely event that you are working with compressible data, the Z280, like all Phison E7 powered SSDs will deliver vastly superior write performance at 240GB.
Graphing the performance curve shows stout performance on both platforms. It is important to note that E7 powered SSDs have an affinity for uncompressed data.
Here again, we see the Z280 delivering an excellent performance curve. The curve is considerable smoother on our Intel platform.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16. When evaluating performance with Anvils, we focus on total score. When evaluating NVMe SSDs we are typically looking for a minimum total score of over 10K.
The Z280 gives us a nice balance of read/write performance. It even manages to outperform the powerful OCZ RD400. The 960 EVO delivers a much higher total score, but most of that is coming from the write score. Comparing read scores shows the Z280 delivering slightly better-read performance than the 960 EVO. Comparing the Z280 to the Cardea, which is essentially the same drive, demonstrates that the Z280 is running on more effective firmware.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Both platforms easily exceed 200K random read IOPS at QD32. Keep in mind that this is our OS disk and it is 75% full.
The Z280 really delivers the goods when reading data. Only the no longer available 950 Pro performs better. More importantly, the Z280 reads data better than the 960 EVO. Keep in mind that random read performance is much more important than random write performance.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Both platforms exceed 191K random read IOPS at QD32. Keep in mind that this is our OS disk and it is 75% full.
The Z280 is bringing up the rear on both platforms at QD1-2. We would like to see better random write performance from the Z280 at QD1-2.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner