Most regular readers of TweakTown will know that I'm heavily invested into cryptomining, something that quickly took over my life some six months ago now where I started out mining from proper Windows-based PCs.
It all started out fine but then I was expanding quicker than I could handle in multiple ways: I was running out of PCIe slots, higher-end PSUs, cooling, motherboards, RAM, cases, and more. I dumped $30,000 or more into the setup over a few months with new shelving, 9 of the same motherboard/CPU/RAM combos, and a slew of new Corsair PSUs.
This was all well and good as it was winter in Australia, but then the warmer weather started as we began to spin into summer and I had to change it all over again. In the middle of this, the difficulty of mining Ethereum was going through the roof and it quickly started not being worth it - especially if I had to invest thousands of dollars into air conditioning.
Then it all stopped; the difficulty of mining Ethereum was put on pause for a year while the price of ETH itself skyrocked towards $800+ up from the stagnant $400-$500 mark it couldn't break out of. Suddenly, mining Ethereum became a very viable thing - right after I sold 20 or so of the graphics cards I had spend thousands of dollars on in that time. I put this money into cryptocurrency itself, making even more money, and then now investing back into my ETH mine.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [MiningSky 8-GPU Mining Rig V1 Configuration]
- Page 3 [Unboxed + Detailed Look]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit