Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The left edge of the Mionix Wei is made of black plastic, and there is a yellow plastic insert near the back, which has the Mionix name painted with white letters on it. Just a bit of the aluminum plate proud of the frame, and we can see all of the clear switch bodies and red stems inside of them. We also see the concave angle of the keycaps, which is fine, as long as you have a wrist rest.
In this instance, due to it being the Ice Cream version of the Wei, all of the keycaps are pale blue and have the legends on the caps painted in a darker blue. We quickly notice that only the main functions are shown with the legends, so you better be versed in key placement if you want to use secondary functions on the numbers.
The command keys are taken over with some of the LED functionality and the Windows Lock key, and iconography is used for some of the other commands over using abbreviations or whole command labels. There are some multimedia keys at the top, but no extra arrow markers on the number pad. In the leading edge of the keyboard, we can also make out the Mionix name carved into the plastic.
The right-side view of the keyboard does not follow our usual look, as we would normally raise the feet under the keyboard to show the ergonomic angle the keycaps would have when used. Sadly though, there are no extendable feet on the Wei, so the only way to change the feel of the caps to your hand is to use some form of a wrist rest.
The cable which connects the Wei to the PC starts off longer than six foot in length but is then curled like a phone cord near the keyboard, and this section is about six inches in length. After that curled section, there are roughly fifty inches of cable before making it to the USB 2.0 connection, again with the Mionix name carved into it.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the Mionix Wei]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series