Hermes E1 Continued
At the right end of the keyboard, we see that the command keys have all been abbreviated so that a larger font can be displayed on each key. The arrows also have WASD indicators on them if you swap them with the F4 key. We also find arrows on the number pad, but more importantly are the number 2 and number 8 keys, which is how you can address the LED intensity and breathing mode without Hera.
The right end of the Hermes E1, the view is much the same as we saw before. This time, however, we have extended the feet under the keyboard, which has increased the angle of attack, and most of the rows are now angled forward, while the front row still has a slight lean towards the back.
Under the Hermes E1, we find that there are five rubber feet to keep the keyboard from sliding. We also see cable routing grooves at the back edge of the keyboard, and to the right of the product sticker, we find the key puller, which is easily stored in the cutaway area for it.
Both of the flip-out feet angle far back when opened all the way, which helps to keep them from collapsing. We also see the Gamdias uses rubber pads on these feet too, so that when in use, you still have a firm grip on the desk.
The 1.8-meter cable is black and has braided cloth on the exterior of it. The connector is shaped, so it is easily identifiable, the USB connection is not gold plated, but we do see a Ferrite choke in-line to reduce noise.
What amazed us, is that in an affordable kit such as this, we find double shot keycaps. An opaque plastic is molded first, and then a black shot over the top of it. This means that the legends will never wear out as painted caps do. We also see that next to the Cherry MX type stems, the larger keys have clips for the torsion bars.
As we mentioned earlier, each switch has a clear body, but this is due to the placement of the LED to the inside of each switch. The stems are blue, and this is a clicky keyboard, but we can see the name on each switch is Gamdias.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- The PC game store wars begin
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire