Overclocking Champ + Nice & Quiet
I spent a good chunk of time overclocking all of my GTX 1070 Ti samples, with the MSI GTX 1070 Ti GAMING reaching a stable 2025MHz on the GPU under 100% load. I could have the VRAM clocked at 4513MHz (9Gbps) offering up a huge 291GB/sec of memory bandwidth.
This is up from the 256GB/sec of stock memory bandwidth that both the GTX 1070 and GTX 1070 Ti are capable of, and much closer to the 320GB/sec on the GTX 1080. The performance benefit is definitely noticeable, with a large 10-15% jump in performance the stock GTX 1070 Ti speeds.
The overclock has a major improvement in memory bandwidth intensive games like Middle-earth: Shadow of War, with the overclocked MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING does some serious damage to the GTX 1080 FE. For just over $450, you're getting some stellar performance.
MSI's new GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING is also much, much cooler and quieter than the GTX 1070 Ti FE. It definitely has some more headroom for overclocking over the Founders Edition card, while running much cooler at the 60C mark, versus 80C or higher on the FE.
3DMark Fire Strike - 1080p
3DMark has been a staple benchmark for years now, all the way back to when The Matrix was released and Futuremark had bullet time inspired benchmarks. 3DMark is the perfect tool to see if your system - most important, your CPU and GPU - is performing as it should. You can search results for your GPU, to see if it falls in line with other systems based on similar hardware.
3DMark Fire Strike - 1440p
3DMark Fire Strike - 4K
Heaven - 1080p
Heaven is an intensive GPU benchmark that really pushes your silicon to its limits. It's another favorite of ours as it has some great scaling for multi-GPU testing, and it's great for getting your GPU to 100% for power and noise testing.
Heaven - 1440p
Heaven - 4K
Metro Last Light - 1080p
Metro: Last Light Redux comes from developer 4A Games, making the Redux version of Metro: Last Light the 'definitive' version of the game. Redux had a fresh coat of paint on the already impressive 4A Engine, and it really pushes our GPUs to their limits.
Metro Last Light - 1440p
Metro Last Light - 4K
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING Graphics Card retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING Graphics Card retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit