Our next test for this new setup sees how range affects performance. With this, we start at 10Ft and move out to 30Ft. Routers are tested in their default configuration for this part; the client device is the iPhone 7 Plus.
2.4GHz range was pretty solid through 30ft. We started with 91 Mbps at 10Ft, moved to 90 and 20ft, and finished with 90 Mbps at 30Ft.
The 5GHz band starts at 514 Mbps at 10Ft, moving out to 20Ft we hold much of that throughput at 498 Mbps. At 30Ft, we finish things up at 434 Mbps.
The Lyra did amazingly well in our sessions test and as you can see in the chart above ended right in the middle between the best and worst routers we have tested.
For this test, we started at 932 Mbps and at the halfway point were down to 900 Mbps. We finished this test up with the Lyra still holding on at 620 Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Lyra Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Router System retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Lyra White WLAN access point retails for £650.48 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series