Inside the Cosmos C700P Continued
The PSU cover is a two-side arrangement of steel panels which block the view of the PSU and some of the wires. On top, there is a divot to allow wires to connect to the bottom of the motherboard, and a grommet hole for GPU power leads. The side which is exposed to the user shows that this is designed by Cooler Master, and the four small grommets hold an SSD in place, with the notch to allow wires to connect to it on the right.
As shipped, the floor of the C700P is wide open. You do have the option to move the top cooling support tray into this location, but the hanging PSU support rack at the back will limit some cooling choices, due to the height it is at, and how well you tend to the PSU wires.
Inside of the back panel, we can see the third 140mm, pre-wired, pre-installed fan to cool this gargantuan chassis, and on top of that, you can adjust the fan up and down too. There are eight expansion slots with replaceable covers, but the thick frame rails to hinder access to the flat head screws.
Even though there is a steel panel covering this area, Cooler Master made sure to add a wire cover plate for the back of the C700P as well. With the view behind the drive bays blocked, we move to the right of it to see a pair of hidden 2.5" drive trays, but only one can be used with a drive. The other contains the fan control and RGB LED panel.
At the top, we see room for up to six fans to be connected to this controller, although there are some limits. Each fan cannot draw more than 1.5 Amps, and the total of all fans cannot exceed 4.5 Amps drawn from the board. The bottom edge supports the 4-pin RGB cables, two of which are used to illuminate the top and the bottom of the case. There is a third open port for your usage and a lead that connects to the motherboard, while all of this is powered via a single SATA power connection made on the left side.
All of the front panel cables are black, which we like. There is the HDD LED, the Reset Switch, Power LED, and Power Button leads on the left, there is the 4-pin RGB LED connection, and then the native USB 3.1 Type-C connector. That leaves us the USB 3.0 connection for a pair of the ports, the HD Audio lead, and another USB 3.0 connection for the third and fourth USB 3.0 ports.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Cooler Master Cosmos C700P E-ATX Full-Tower with RGB Lighting, Dual-Curved Tempered Glass Side Panel, Aluminum Handles, Removable M/B Tray, Inversed Layout Option, 420mm Radiator Support retails for $299.99 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure