TP-Link recently launched its Homecare firmware platform for the C2300, C3150, and C5400. With the launch of this new firmware, the C3150 and C5400 went through a hardware revision, and today we are going to check out the V2 of the Archer C5400. HomeCare offers built-in antivirus control from Trend Micro along with parental controls and integration with Amazon Alexa.
The Archer C5400 uses the same hardware as many AC5400 class platforms. At its heart is the Broadcom BCM4709 operating at 1.4GHz across two cores, and is paired up with 256MB of memory and 128MB of NAND flash. Further, we have the BCM4366; one for each 5GHz band and a third on the 2.4GHz band. Hardware switching is done in the BCM4709 while expansion is available with two USB ports.
Apart from the hardware features of this platform, TP-Link has packed in plenty of software. These include WMM QoS and Bandwidth Control in addition to Port Triggering, UPnP, and DMZ controls. Access control gives you parental and local management controls. USB Sharing is setup for Samba, FTP, and Media Server supporting printers as well.
The MSRP of the TP-Link Archer C5400v2 carries an MSRP of $299.99 with a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- The Black Masses trailer showcases 6,000 zombies on screen
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam