Setup of the WRT32x starts immediately after connecting to the router. It's preferred you use a wired connection for installation.
The second step allows you to name your SSID or choose to separate the bands. At the bottom, you will need to choose an administrator password.
The dashboard for the WRT32x is among the best I have seen. It's very clean with real-time traffic at the top, your current internet bandwidth at the bottom, and a list of connected devices to the right. On the left-hand side, we have a list of categories and advanced setup if you need it.
Just like the initial setup, the Wi-Fi menu allows you to setup each band with its own SSID and password. At the bottom, you can turn on guest access if needed.
The device's menu lists out what is connected, and if it has a Killer wired or wireless NIC, it will show the logo and give that device priority.
You can customize the level of device prioritization even for devices without Killer Networks NICs by dragging and dropping in the order you want them.
The administration menu allows you to update firmware and change the router's password.
Diving into advanced settings, we have access to USB and eSATA storage devices. This is the area where you will control port forwards and DDNS if you use those features.
Another benefit of using the WRT32x is the ability to interface with Killer Control Center. Since I upgraded our Thunderbolt 3 test platform to the Alienware 15 R3 at the beginning of the year, I have been using KCC to enable application level prioritization, and with the WRT32x, it adds to the experience allowing you to control the router from the interface seen above.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit