Setup of the WRT32x starts immediately after connecting to the router. It's preferred you use a wired connection for installation.
The second step allows you to name your SSID or choose to separate the bands. At the bottom, you will need to choose an administrator password.
The dashboard for the WRT32x is among the best I have seen. It's very clean with real-time traffic at the top, your current internet bandwidth at the bottom, and a list of connected devices to the right. On the left-hand side, we have a list of categories and advanced setup if you need it.
Just like the initial setup, the Wi-Fi menu allows you to setup each band with its own SSID and password. At the bottom, you can turn on guest access if needed.
The device's menu lists out what is connected, and if it has a Killer wired or wireless NIC, it will show the logo and give that device priority.
You can customize the level of device prioritization even for devices without Killer Networks NICs by dragging and dropping in the order you want them.
The administration menu allows you to update firmware and change the router's password.
Diving into advanced settings, we have access to USB and eSATA storage devices. This is the area where you will control port forwards and DDNS if you use those features.
Another benefit of using the WRT32x is the ability to interface with Killer Control Center. Since I upgraded our Thunderbolt 3 test platform to the Alienware 15 R3 at the beginning of the year, I have been using KCC to enable application level prioritization, and with the WRT32x, it adds to the experience allowing you to control the router from the interface seen above.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard