Setup of the WRT32x starts immediately after connecting to the router. It's preferred you use a wired connection for installation.
The second step allows you to name your SSID or choose to separate the bands. At the bottom, you will need to choose an administrator password.
The dashboard for the WRT32x is among the best I have seen. It's very clean with real-time traffic at the top, your current internet bandwidth at the bottom, and a list of connected devices to the right. On the left-hand side, we have a list of categories and advanced setup if you need it.
Just like the initial setup, the Wi-Fi menu allows you to setup each band with its own SSID and password. At the bottom, you can turn on guest access if needed.
The device's menu lists out what is connected, and if it has a Killer wired or wireless NIC, it will show the logo and give that device priority.
You can customize the level of device prioritization even for devices without Killer Networks NICs by dragging and dropping in the order you want them.
The administration menu allows you to update firmware and change the router's password.
Diving into advanced settings, we have access to USB and eSATA storage devices. This is the area where you will control port forwards and DDNS if you use those features.
Another benefit of using the WRT32x is the ability to interface with Killer Control Center. Since I upgraded our Thunderbolt 3 test platform to the Alienware 15 R3 at the beginning of the year, I have been using KCC to enable application level prioritization, and with the WRT32x, it adds to the experience allowing you to control the router from the interface seen above.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon