Inside the B820R
Using the puller to remove a few of the keycaps, we find that these are double shot caps. There is an initial cap of opaque plastic made, and then that is covered with a layer of black plastic. Legends will never wear out, and since they are not painted caps, there is no paint loss or scratch worries to be had.
All of the switches found on the B820R are LK Optic Switches, and the stems of them are blue. The sound is similar to a Cherry MX Blue Switch, but the feel is slightly softer on the LK switches, and the travel is indeed shortened. The torsions bars are not exposed, and we find Cherry MX style stems on the switches and the keycaps, easily allowing for custom keycap options.
After removing sixteen screws from under many of the keycaps, we were able to open up the B820R to have a look inside of it. There are ribs to support the PCB, and we also see bits of plastic designed to capture and direct liquid through the bottom of the keyboard, and into one of the many drain holes.
If the unusual looking stems of the switches was not enough to tell something new was afoot, looking at the back of the PCB certainly does. Since there is a beam of light which is what activates each switch press, the bottom of the switches can be open to the world with no fear of oxidation, and also allowing things to pass through the switch, like liquids. We also find that the PCB is clean, and were soldering was needed, there are no signs of flux residue.
In control of the B820R, all of its functionality, all of the communication, and also the onboard memory is this Sonix MCU. The SN8F22E88BFG is identical to the one we found inside of the Viper V570 and has proven itself to be sufficient for what this keyboard delivers.
At this point, we have the keyboard assembled, we installed the optional keycaps, and set the rainbow of RGB LEDs loose across all of the keys. The lighting is bright and easy to see through the keys, as well as some of it bleeding onto the anodized top panel. We can also see that the Game Lock, Number Lock, Caps Lock, and the Scroll Lock LEDs are amber when they are active.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The B820 Optical Switch Gaming Keyboard by Bloody Gaming | Fastest Keyboard Switches in Gaming | Full RGB Backlit Keyboard | Red Smooth & Linear Key | Ergonomic Floating Design | Light Strike retails for $99.90 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Bloody B820R Light Strike RGB Animation Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the B820R]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA investigating first SPACE CRIME, as astronaut is naughty on ISS
- GTA 5 yanked from NVIDIA's GeForce Now streaming service
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best