RIOTORO CR280 Mini-ITX Chassis
The front of the CR280 is made of one solid expanse of steel, which is rounded at the corners, and has the company name broadcasted at the top in red letters. Most of the panel is ventilated with various sized holes drilled through it, which leaves room for the front I/O panel at the bottom.
Within the front I/O panel, we are given what we expect to see in a case made today. There is a power button on the left, in the middle are a pair of USB 3.0 ports on either side of the HD Audio jacks, and to the right is a small reset button. Right smack in the middle is an amber HDD activity LED, but the power LED is under the bezel, and will glow red to match the chassis.
The top of the chassis is drilled to match the front bezel, but here, the area has been countersunk into the frame a bit. Plastic pins are holding in a dust filter, and it is plain to see the eight holes for 120mm fan mounting.
The bright red trim line we saw in the top panel runs down both sides of the chassis and separates the bezel from the side panels. On the left side here, we find a T logo at the top of the door, just to the right of the tinted window.
Behind the CR280 we find room for the rear I/O panel and a 120mm exhaust fan at the top of it. Next in line is a pair of expansion slots which are accessed externally under the plastic cap, and the bottom is wide open to accept a PSU.
Riotoro could have simply stayed with just the red accent stripe running down the front for aesthetics, but they chose to add a bit more style to match the other side too. This is why we see the T logo again, which has been formed into the steel.
The feet found under the CR280 are made of hard rubber, and while sufficient in footing, do not sit nearest the edges of the frame. At the back of the case is a removable dust filter for the PSU, and at the front is a ventilated area with thumbscrews visible. The mesh is there to aid in cooling the HDD rack, while the screws are there to remove it.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The RIOTORO CR280 Compact Mini-ITX Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [RIOTORO CR280 Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the CR280]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam