We thoroughly like the direction in which Logitech has moved in the development of the PRO. Logitech has been a trend setter for years with things like LCD screens for vital information, are the masters of adding keys to a standard 104-key keyboard, and have designs that run the gamut when it comes to style and functionality. However, this time around, Logitech is offering a keyboard that looks terrific, it is compact for all the right reasons, it is a robust and extremely usable keyboard under any conditions, and delivers features on a level that only a select few can compete.
The Romer-G switches made by Omron have a shorter throw to them which will tend to speed up movements and typing, but we were also made aware in a conversation with Logitech that this keyboard is proven to be up to ten times faster in response than other keyboards out there. In gaming, this can mean life or death, as any bit of lag, whether from the device or the server, will do nothing but to try to make you fail. At least with a product such as the PRO, you can be certain when you blame lag for your failure in the game, it is one the server or ISP side, not that you are in any way at fault.
Included with the Logitech PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, which we can find no faults in, we have yet to add in all of the possibilities the Gaming Software affords its users. Of course, many will enjoy the LED lighting, and while RGB is all the rage, allowing for full customization of the lighting is where it's at. This allows for the construction of effects and limitations to what is lit up. This is good to help teach future gamers how to get associated with the proper keys, and also is less distracting to those who game in the dark.
With various profiles, the fact that the F-keys can all be used for a dual purpose, to do just about anything one can contrive, and the addition of Overwolf as part of the package, the abilities of what is possible with the PRO jumps right through the roof. OF course, many streaming gamers have their preferred methods of approaching the masses, but having it built right into the software makes life simple and delivers everything an aspiring eSports player will ever need.
Initially, we though the price point seems a touch on the expensive side, but at this point we find it to be worth every penny. There are a select few products on the market that think about all aspects of the gaming lifestyle, and the PRO covers them all. One does not always have a ton of space to work with, and not everyone enjoys using a number pad. When it comes time to travel, we like having profiles and settings stay on the keyboard, and many keyboards have died from having the cord stressed from having to wrap an attached cable around the keyboard.
Usually, gaming keyboards tend to be flashy and have fancy features which gamers may not even need, but in the Logitech G PRO mechanical keyboard, you are delivered elegance and complete functionality. To alleviate all of these issues with the keyboard, you are using now. Currently, we do not feel that the $129.99 pricing is any reason not to have one of, if not the best mechanical gaming keyboard we have seen in quite some time.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||98%|
The Bottom Line: Logitech G's PRO delivers everything you could possibly need is an sleek looking and compact package! Everything it tuned for performance down to the length of the switches, the input lag time, the aesthetic, and it even offers software with streaming ability built right in.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Logitech G PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech G PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the PRO]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is a high dose of nostalgia
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!