Logitech Gaming Software
After installing the latest Logitech Gaming Software suite, which is 904 KB on disk, not including Overwolf, but that is just 194 MB in size, we are greeted with what is shown here. The PRO keyboard is on full display, and the buttons across the top are pulsing with blue light. If you click on one, you will jump ahead to the next tab, along the bottom of this window
Along with the ability to choose from various programs on your hard drive which the software detects, you have a list of options at the left to drag onto any of the twelve Function keys. In this list of presets, there are sixty-nine options to choose from, and these will change dependent on what application may be selected at the top.
Lighting is shown in real-time with the image of the keyboard at the top. On the left are the option to choose single keys, groups of keys, the entire collection of keys, and there is even a section for complete customization. The box at the right in certain modes will allow you to set up effects like the color wave, fixed color, breathing, star effect, color cycle, or key press. This is also where you can adjust its direction of travel and the rate in which the effects are displayed.
The next option is to move into the Game Mode settings. By default, when used, it eliminates the function of the Windows key, the Function key, and the Menu key. However, in this tab, you can just click on any of the keys in the image, and if they are lit, they function, if they are gray, they do not.
For those wondering how much they use individual keys or the amount of time each key is used, Logitech offers this Heat Map system. If for nothing else, this is an easy way to look at what you use for games and can be recorded on paper to help program the Game Mode too.
Overwolf is now included with the software, and no longer requires a separate download to acquire. This is where you can go for apps, skins, utilities, chats, and most important to some, and a way to capture and stream your gaming content. There is the main page of Overwolf on display currently, but there is also a menu system which uses an OSD which we can see left of the large window.
From the main window, if you click on the gear icon, the Setting menu appears. This allows you to control how the software reacts, is a place to update the firmware, allows control of which profile is the default, is how one addresses Arx Control for mobile connectivity and has information about the developer.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Logitech G PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech G PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the PRO]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard