Inside the PRO
All of the keycaps use a 4-pin system to lock into the outer edges of the Romer-G switches, but for the longer caps, secondary support uses a typical Cherry MX pin. Each cap is made of an opaque shot of plastic into the mold, and once completed, the caps are coated in black and laser etched.
Each of the Romer-G switches is open in the middle, which allows for the LED to be placed there, and they do not leak a bit of LED light out anywhere but through the legends on top of the caps. The torsion bars are internally housed, and in tiny letters, we found the Omron name on the angled section of the switch covers.
The feet all have to come off, and a hole has to be poked in the sticker under the keyboard to allow the frame to be opened. In the top section, we see captured buttons for the Game lockout key and the LED switch, and there is a clear section to the right backing the G logo. The lower frame component uses one rib across the span in conjunction with raised cylindrical supports to keep the steel plate from flexing and vibrating.
The PCB in the PRO is green, and there is no flux residue left on it. All of the solder points are clean, and we find no lack of quality control when it came to making this keyboard.
This ultra-low power MCU we find in the PRO is the STM32L100R8T6. This is an ARM Cortex M3 processor which has a frequency of 32MHz and a maximum of 128 Kb of onboard storage.
Before we button things back up with the PRO, we also flipped over the assembly to locate what switches back the Game Mode and LED buttons. Here we located them, but all we can say is they are black pad style switches with no name or identification on visible on them.
Fully reassembled, we plugged the PRO into the PC and are greeted with a default pattern. Without messing about in software, the PRO's LEDs will be displayed in the full spectrum of colors as they scroll across the board from left to right. The logo will change color but is not in sync with the rest of the keyboard, but the lock indicator LEDs are always that light blue.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Logitech G PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech G PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the PRO]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit