Our next test for this new setup sees how range affects performance. For this we start at 10ft, within line of sight from the router, we move out to a max distance of 40ft with each 10Ft adding in a wall. The Client device is an iPhone 7 Plus.
The Synology ran strong through our testing, starting at 105 Mbps at 10ft and holding that pretty steady through 40ft.
5GHz testing is a bit harder to do with range because of the nature of the 5GHz band. With that said, the RT2600ac started out at 536.3 Mbps at 10Ft moving down to 503 MBps at 30Ft. At 40Ft, we see a bigger decline down to 278 Mbps.
Storage testing for the router was done with the USB 3.0 port and a 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro flash drive.
Synology has made great improvements in the storage area of their router platform. As you can see, I still have the RT1900ac in the charts for comparison. With that, I reached 113 MB/s read and 36 MB/s write with the RT2600ac.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology RT2600AC Wi-Fi AC 2600 Gigabit router retails for $194.99 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit