Tesoro Excalibur SE Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The left side of the Excalibur SE Spectrum is typical for a full-frame, two-piece construction. There is no view of the switches in a design like this, and we can see where the upper and lower sections come together, just below center, on the sides of it. We also see that the first few rows of caps are angled away from the user when lying flat on the desk.
The main section of seventy-four keys uses a much larger font than previous Excalibur keyboards, and it is much easier to see and find what you want. We see that there are many keys across the top with dual functionality, and we can also see that the steel plate under the switches is painted white to help reflect the glow of the LEDs.
The F1 through F4 keys are used for Macro recording. Since there is no software to go along with this product, you need to use the Function and Home keys to initiate the on-the-fly Macro recording, pick one of these four keys, record the macro, and then end it by using the Function and Home combination again.
The F5 through F8 are report rate settings, but only if you are utilizing 6-Key Rollover support. There are choices of 40, 20, 10, and 5ms rates, but in NKRO mode, the rate defaults to 1ms.
Moving to the F9 through F12 keys, we run into the trio of multimedia keys first. F9 will mutes sounds, F10 will lower the volume, and F11 will raise the volume, but we find nothing covering other multimedia commands. F12 can be used to lock out the keyboard so that if you are away, it is not pressed by kids or pets.
The remaining 30 keys on the keyboard offer all of the commands, but they are abbreviated, and all have dual functionality. There are profiles at the top, rollover support modes, Macro record, and Function lock, and a pair of keys used for custom light profiles.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Tesoro Excalibur SE Spectrum Mechanical Keyboard retails for $ at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tesoro Excalibur SE Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Excalibur SE Spectrum RGB Continued]
- Page 5 [Inside the Excalibur SE Spectrum RGB]
- Page 6 [Gaming and General Impressions]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card