As our second AMD X370 motherboard review, I will be putting the GIGABYTE/Aorus AX370-Gaming 5 under the microscope, and dissect its secrets. The AMD X370 chipset provides a decent amount of IO expansion over the basics provided by the CPU. Most notably, the X370 chipset offers two USB 3.1 ports, which is a first for a platform chipset. The CPU will provide extra USB and storage, and the chipset compliments it. The X370 chipset is also one of only two that provides multi-GPU capabilities such as SLI or CrossFireX for your Ryzen CPU.
GIGABYTE's subsidiary, Aorus, is positioned to readily target the high-end gaming segment with premium features and aesthetics. Aorus's first motherboards appeared for the Intel Z270 chipset launch, and they addressed many of GIGABYTE's shortcomings in areas such as the UEFI, fan control, and overall aesthetics. I will add that if you love RGB LEDs, then this motherboard is for you, it is loaded to the brim with RGB LEDs and headers. Don't worry you can disable them if you don't want them. Without further delay, let's take a look at the AX370-Gaming 5.
The AX370-Gaming 5 features dual NICs, M.2 and U.2, eight SATA6Gb/s ports, support for SLI/CrossFireX, and offers an interesting high-end audio setup I will cover later in the review.
The AX370-Gaming 5 costs around $194.99.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and AX370-Gaming 5 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite's dances could cost Epic big
- Devil May Cry 5 trailer - V's demons & Dante's murderer?
- RDR2 is 1st in UK sales chart, Smash Ultimate drops to 4th
- Kingdom Hearts III - 'Final Battle' official trailer release
- Smash Bros. Ultimate bug: Isabelle's Infinite Assist trophy
- Z77, using sound card and onboard sound
- Convert EML file to PST file
- GROOVE X Introduce a New Companion Robot, 'LOVOT'
- New PhishER Product from KnowBe4 Helps Contain Email Threats
- Scientific Games Announces Settlement in Shuffle Tech Litigation
- Joy to the Streamers! 1,000 Dreams Fund Announces 'Stream The Halls' 24-Hour Holiday Charity Fundraiser on Twitch
- Gaming Innovation Group Inc.: Key Dates Announcement for Reverse Share Split