Sound BlasterX Pro-Gaming Vanguard KO8 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The left side of the Vanguard KO8 has its name printed on the top, shiny section, of the frame, while the lower section is angled, and it is textured. The first three rows of keys are angled away from the user as it sits, but the back three rows are at the correct angle to use them fluently.
79 keys are found on the left two-thirds of the keyboard. The legends are clean and do not use a fancy font, but there is an extra set of buttons on the left edge. We also like that the white steel plate shines through, and will help tremendously when it comes to reflecting RGB LED lighting.
The Vanguard is apparently designed to offer five Macro buttons. This does become a bit of an issue later, but we will wait until the appropriate time to discuss what we do not like about them.
Along the top edge, we passed over the 1, C, and S locked indicator lights and jumped right into the multimedia setup. These switches allow you to lock Windows keys, adjust the LED intensity in four levels, play the previous track, play or pause a track, advance a track, but nowhere do they mention what the SBX button is for, nor did anything happen when we pressed it.
The right third of the keyboard delivers all of the typical command keys, arrow keys, as well as a full number pad. Some of the commands do migrate onto the number pad, and we do see optional arrows for left-handed gamers out there.
Above the number pad, we find the Sound BlasterX logo, and just below it is the mute sound button and a scroll wheel for adjusting the volume.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard