Sound BlasterX Pro-Gaming Vanguard KO8 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The left side of the Vanguard KO8 has its name printed on the top, shiny section, of the frame, while the lower section is angled, and it is textured. The first three rows of keys are angled away from the user as it sits, but the back three rows are at the correct angle to use them fluently.
79 keys are found on the left two-thirds of the keyboard. The legends are clean and do not use a fancy font, but there is an extra set of buttons on the left edge. We also like that the white steel plate shines through, and will help tremendously when it comes to reflecting RGB LED lighting.
The Vanguard is apparently designed to offer five Macro buttons. This does become a bit of an issue later, but we will wait until the appropriate time to discuss what we do not like about them.
Along the top edge, we passed over the 1, C, and S locked indicator lights and jumped right into the multimedia setup. These switches allow you to lock Windows keys, adjust the LED intensity in four levels, play the previous track, play or pause a track, advance a track, but nowhere do they mention what the SBX button is for, nor did anything happen when we pressed it.
The right third of the keyboard delivers all of the typical command keys, arrow keys, as well as a full number pad. Some of the commands do migrate onto the number pad, and we do see optional arrows for left-handed gamers out there.
Above the number pad, we find the Sound BlasterX logo, and just below it is the mute sound button and a scroll wheel for adjusting the volume.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit