While any keyboard can be a gaming keyboard if you need it to, that is not exactly the intent behind the MK Retro. However, when it came to playing a few maps of Doom here and there between reviews, we found no issue making the switch from writer to gamer. If you are not sure where your hand goes on a keyboard, without backlights, it may be tough to orient your hand in a dimly lit room, but with the Windows lockout key available, at least you won't exit the game by mistake fumbling around.
Playing round after round of OVERWATCH leaves us with much of the same feeling. We have no issues gaming with the MK Retro, and this is where the Windows lockout key comes in very handy as you blindly reach around for the various keys to command your characters abilities.
It is easy to tell when a movement has been made, as the report from the OARMY switches is similar to what you hear of a Cherry MX blue switch, and the feel is just about the same as well. While not intended to be gamed on, the MK Retro shows no weakness at this task, outside of features it may be lacking.
Windows and Productivity
With quite a bit of typing being dome on the MK Retro before this review, we feel that once the learning curve has been adjusted to, the MK Retro is as much of a pleasure to use as any other keyboard we have had on our desk. Of course, it is going to take some time to get used to the lack of square switches almost forcing your fingers into the proper locations, but the concave shape of these round keys has a similar effect, just a bit less noticeable.
While 6-key rollover is plenty for most to get by with, but with those that can type near the speed of light, the NKRO support and built in anti-ghosting the MK Retro comes with is greatly appreciated as well.
PRICING: You can find the AZIO MK Retro Typewriter-Inspired Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AZIO MK Retro Typewriter-Inspired Mechanical Keyboard retails for $109 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [AZIO MK Retro Typewriter Inspired Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 4 [MK Retro Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Epic: 'Battle. Adapt. Win' tease for Season 4 of Fortnite
- PC Building Simulator sells 100,000 copies in 30 days
- Radeon Vega Instinct: refreshed 7nm Vega 20 hits AMD labs
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.36 after code
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit