Inside the K95 RGB Platinum
We removed a few of the caps to show off what is found under them. We initially see the clear bodies and silver stems of the Cherry MX Speed switches, and each has a built-in RGB LED to illuminate not only the caps but to flood the aluminum with light as well. We also see that secondary studs are offered to press on the torsion bars, which are hidden inside of the keyboard with this design.
The main set of caps is all the same, where we find opaque plastic inners, which have been painted black on the outside, leaving the legends clear for LED light to pass through them. As for the optional caps, they are two-piece in construction, made of black plastic lower sections, and the top half is opaque plastic with a gray coating covering them.
Removing nearly twenty screws allowed us to open up the K95 RGB Platinum to have a look around at the guts. The lower plastic section has ribs in it to support the PCB, which we left attached to the aluminum top plate.
Moving in close to the PCB, we find that much care and quality control has gone into this keyboard. Not only are the solder dobs neat and tidy, but we also find no signs of flux or anything that may cause any issues down the line.
The NXP LPC11U68JBD100 MCU is new to us, as we have not seen it used before. This is part of the ARM Cortex M0+ family, it is a 32-bit processor, and is at the helm for controlling the actions, features, and onboard memory of the K95 RGB Platinum.
After reassembly, we thought it was a good time to show off the optional cap sets. This set is the FPS caps set, and angles the W, A, and D keys but leaves the S flat. The LED backlight will still pass through these caps, and they are highly textured and easy to auto-locate on.
The second set is for use with MOBA gaming. In this set, the Q, R, D, and F are angled to center your hand, where the W and E keys are slightly angled at you. Again, lighting passes through them, and they are also textured for added grip.
Too much lighting on this keyboard certainly mutes the RGB illumination, but you still can see the color changing across all of the keys, the logo is two different colors at this moment, and you can also see the LightEdge at the back showing a rainbow of colors. The K95 RGB truly shines when the lights come down, and the LED effects offerings are terrific.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $200 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £198 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the K95 RGB Platinum]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Top 10 premium games of 2018 in revenue
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media