There aren't many wireless technologies we enjoy every day more than wireless networking. This technology has evolved from humble beginnings nearly two decades ago with 802.11a and shortly after 802.11b. With the market having fully completed the transition from wireless n to ac, we now have several products coming through the line that will decide which way the market goes. Part of this is the push for the 160MHz band for 802.11ac in products like the new WRT3200ACM from Linksys and Netgear X4s, and the other part is the push for 60GHz wireless via 802.11ad, and that starts with the TP-Link Talon.
The Talon shares many of its design cues with the Archer C5400 we recently reviewed. In fact, they may as well share the same chassis as the Talon too sports an eight-antenna design. At its heart, the Talon is an AC2600 solution with a stacked 60GHz band to add an additional 4600 Mbps of capability. This means we have 800 Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 1733 Mbps on the 5GHz along with the throughput of the 60GHz mentioned above.
The specification sheet goes into more detail including the 4x1 configuration of the wired ports. Also, we have dual USB 3.0 ports for storage and printers, while the front of this solution houses a full set of buttons for controlling wireless, LEDs, and power.
PRICING: You can find the TP-Link Talon AD7200 802.11ad Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-Link Talon AD7200 802.11ad Wireless Router retails for $350 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-Link Talon AD7200 802.11ad Wireless Router retails for £306 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Storage Performance & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is a high dose of nostalgia
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!