Everything you have heard about ROCCAT keyboards is true, and with their Ryos MK FX, you can unleash the best of what they have to offer on your opponents. While we were not able to confirm anything on the inside of the keyboard due to a hidden screw under the lock indicator LED panel, on paper this keyboard offers more in technology and features than anything else on the market. Also, along with the per-key LED programmability, if you install the ROCCAT FX software, and don't mind programming things via the SDK available for this keyboard, you can even get gaming lighting effect to be produced across keys.
This means lights are flashing when the cops are chasing you, Mana and health bars, the area of attack from the enemy, al of that sort of cool stuff. Whatever your minds can come up with, and your fingers can program; this keyboard is capable of producing it. To deliver all of this, plus on-the-fly Macros, Thumbster buttons, and the EasyShift system, we can see why dual 32-bit processors are needed. The feature set is just that demanding.
While the Ryos MK FX is a large design, the built-in wrist rest is appreciated in long hours at the PC and can be felt with the lack of pain in your forearms and fingers. The lack of any vibrations keeps your fingers from tingling, and we found the layout of the 109-key US setup to be thought out well, with all keys within easy reach. We do wish a key puller was included, as framed keyboards do tend to hold onto trash a bit more than exposed top plate designs, and we know cleaning will be an issue at some point in this keyboard's lifespan.
We also did not care for the fact that you have to destroy a cover plate to get to that last screw. While we can appreciate that ROCCAT does not want us in there, there are times where a knowledgeable owner will fix something or open it up to dry it off after an accidental spill, without trying to RMA the product. We had to break through the product sticker on the back to get to a screw. It would be plainly obvious if we opened it and tried to RMA it and easily denied for that reason, so why not let us have access? On the flip side of this complaint, we hope that nobody would have a need to open it up to replace dead LEDs, and it does not harm the tremendous functionality of the product; so we can overlook this.
Everything comes down to the pricing at some point or another, at least for the majority of people out there looking for a new mechanical keyboard. While the nearly $150 pricing represents a hefty cost of ownership, you will not, we repeat, will not, find a more affordable solution packed to the gills with features like the Ryos MK FX. From the components on the inside, the choice of switches used, the ROCCAT exclusive options, per-key programmable RGB lighting, the list goes on and on. If you have the room for a larger keyboard and don't mind the mouse being a tad further to the right or left than usual, you will not find another product this capable, at any cost.
Considering the fact that lesser equipped keyboards have come and gone over the years, some of which costing much more than this one does, it does not take a genius to appreciate the bang for the buck offered in this design. If you are looking for the best in what keyboards have to offer to date, give the ROCCAT Ryos MK FX a try - you will not be disappointed.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||98%|
|Bundle and Packaging||96%|
|Value for Money||100%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||99%|
The Bottom Line: ROCCAT's Ryos MK FX is so feature rich it will make your head spin trying to figure it all out! Every bit of the design is built with purpose, and you will not find another keyboard offering this much at any cost.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $150 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £105 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Ryos MK FX Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution